Wednesday, July 28, 2004

THK TO THE RESCUE
Maybe I've been too hard on Theresa Heinz Kerry. At last night's Democratic Convention festivities, she did something that I would not have expected. During her speech to the delegates, Ms. Heinz Kerry told the crowd:
"My only hope is that, one day soon,” she said, “women who have all earned the right to their opinions -- instead of being called 'opinionated' will be called smart and well-informed, just like men."

I may be mistaken, but I think that THK was standing up for conservative columnist Ann Coulter. Coulter was hired by USA Today to cover the convention. The paper subsequently spiked the column she wrote for the July 26th edition of the technicolor, graph-intensive paper.

I know it sounds farfetched; a far out lefty like THK standing up for a card carrying member of the vast right-wing conspiracy. But who else could she have been talking about. THK was allowed to address the convention and speak her mind. Hillary Rodham Clinton was allowed to speak. Even the politically incorrect Iowa first lady was allowed to address the convention.

The only woman I can think of who has been "censored" so far at the Dem Convention is Ann Coulter. Yup, THK musta been standing up for Ann. That was damn nice of her, doncha think?

Okay, you can stop laughing now.

No comments:

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter