Monday, August 16, 2004

BACK TO THE GRIND
After 2 weeks of lying around, it was time to go back to work. I had drill last weekend, so I got to wear the green cammo uniform (they still look weird after a few months of the desert uniforms). I went back to my civilian job today to find a pile of work waiting for me. My supervisor is on vacation this week, so at least I won't have him looking over my shoulder while I get caught up.

Vacation was good. We went to Virginia Beach. This was the third time there for us. We did the usual tourist/beach stuff. We also
-went to an aquarium
-heard some ghost stories
-solved a murder at a mystery dinner theater
-rode roller coasters at Busch Gardens

On the way back we stopped in Pennsylvania for a couple days to ride more roller coasters at Hershey Park (The Great Bear is a trip).

I also got some reading done. I read three novels and a book of short stories. All were by Donald Westlake. There's nothing like good crime fiction to take your mind off the routine.

Speaking of crime, there were a number of developments in the world of politics while I was on vacation. It'll take me awhile to catch up, but I trust the archives of my favorite bloggers will be useful in getting up to speed.

No comments:

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter