Thursday, July 10, 2008

Has Anyone Seen My Motivation?

If you're one of the very few people who still checks this blog from time to time, it's probably no secret to you that I've been pretty much devoid of blogging inspiration lately.

So, what's to blog about? Politics? The 2008 election has been going on for seven or eight years now. I've been sick to death of that for months. And the politicians become more politician-like (if that's possible) every day.

How about the military? Waste of time. The situation in Iraq has improved considerably, but the news media has no interest in the story. Unless things suddenly get worse, of course. And besides, people have all pretty much made up their minds about the war in Iraq.

So, what does that leave? The news? Once you get past the politics, all you have left is just depressing: the advance of the nanny state, political correctness on the march nationwide, creeping sharia, open borders, a pop-culture that has degenerated to a point well below the lowest common denominator; somebody please pass me the Prozac.

OK, maybe I'm exaggerating a little, but I do my best blogging here when I'm pissed off. And I've just gotten tired of being pissed off. That being said, being pissed off beats the hell out of being pissed on. And with this election looming, well, the potential for all of us getting pissed on increase by leaps and bounds every day. Yeah, I'm gonna have to say something, even if I can't be sure if anyone will be here to read it.

No comments:

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter