Tuesday, February 07, 2006

CARTOON BLOGBURST

"Freedom isn't free." It's a phrase I've heard many times, and said myself on more than one occasion. Oftentimes it is meant as a reminder of the sacrifices made by others so that we can be free. It is also a reminder of the costs we all must bear in order to be free. One of those costs is having to tolerate that which we find offensive. The benefit for paying this price is freedom of speech. To that end, I've decided to take ranks with the other bloggers who have elected to show their support for freedom of speech by joining The Muhammad Cartoons Blogburst.


If I can tolerate the likes of Ted Rall, Michael Moore, Al Franken, and others of their ilk, Muslims can tolerate these cartoons. Even the "Christian Right" managed to deal with Piss Christ and Kanye West posing as Jesus without rioting or threatening to massacre anyone.



And while I'm showing my support for freedom of speech, I'd like to show a little support for the people of Denmark. I think I'm going to buy (and drink) some Carlsberg Beer this weekend. Buy Danish!


No comments:

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter