Monday, February 12, 2007

RUDY ON GUN CONTROL

Well this isn't encouraging:

Giuliani says gun control helped reduce N.Y. crime

SACRAMENTO -- Rudy Giuliani addressed a potentially troublesome issue with conservative voters, saying his policies as mayor to get handguns off the street helped reduce crime in New York.

"I used gun control as mayor," he said at a news conference Saturday during a swing through California. But "I understand the Second Amendment. I understand the right to bear arms."

He said what he did as mayor would have no effect on hunting.

(emphasis mine)

No effect on hunting?  Sorry Rudy, but the Second Amendment has nothing to do with hunting.  And it's worth noting that NYC has had strict gun control laws for years, even when the crime rate was rising.  It looks to me like Rudy just doesn't get it.

h/t:  Drudge

No comments:

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter