Friday, April 09, 2004

It's been a busy week for me here. I haven't had a chance to post in a while. All of the activity in theater has made things a little more hectic for me. That, combined with having one of my coworkers on leave for the next 2 weeks, has kept me plenty busy. Busy is a good thing. When I'm busy the time goes faster. I just read on LT Smash's blog (link is to the right) that a number of 1st Armored troops were ready to return home and were given the word that they were being extended for 120 days due to the upswing in insurgent activity. Last night one of the Marines I work here with told me that there were troops actually packed and ready to get on a plane when they were told. That just sucks. There's no other way to put it. Unfortunately, they're going to be needed for a little while longer.

Things will level off there eventually. These terrorists are throwing everything they can at us. At first glance, the insurgency looks unstoppable. The attacks seem to come from every direction and there appears to be no end in sight. Upon closer examination, their strategy smacks of desperation. These attacks are reminiscent of the Kamikaze attacks used by the Japanese in WW II. Let's not forget where suicide warfare got them. The key here is to maintain our resolve. The military can't win this war alone (we're good, but we have our limitations). We are depending on our country to maintain it's resolve. With the entire USA (and our allies, of course) behind the war effort, we can't lose.

No comments:

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter