Saturday, April 10, 2004

Still very busy. I was hoping for a lull on the weekend, which there usually is. No luck this time. Maybe tomorrow will be slower, but I won't hold my breath. It actually rained last night, first time since I've been here. Thunder, lightning, and all. Naturally, it started just as I was walking back to my quarters. Still, getting rained on is a helluva lot better than mortar rounds falling on you.

It's tough not being able to follow the news like I usually do back home. There's a lot going on on the political front. If things slow down, I hope to catch up through some of my favorite news sources on the web. With all of this activity in Iraq, I have no doubt that there are a whole slew of politicos trying to drum up antiwar/anti-Bush sentiment.

Tomorrow is Easter. My wife and kids will be at my mom's house. I'll have to give them a call and see if the bunny brought them any sugarry swag. It's tough missing holidays, but it's all part of the bargain when you sign on the bottom line and take the oath. This isn't the first one I've missed. I have a feeling it won't be the last.

No comments:

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter