Monday, June 14, 2004

HOMEWARD BOUND
My time here in Qatar is growing short. I will be picking up my tickets at the transportation office tomorrow. This time next week I will be home. I can't say it hasn't been interesting, but I'll be happy to be out of here. I miss my wife and kids more this time than I did last time I was mobilized.

I'm not sure what I'm going to do with this blog. I originally started it to document some of my experiences while deployed. I had volunteered for a job that would have taken me all over the region. When I arrived here, I was told that I was needed here in Qatar and would not be traveling. Since I wasn't going to be posting about my travels in Iraq or Afghanistan, I used this blog to comment on the various issues in the news that caught my attention. If nothing else, maintaining this blog gave me something to do in my spare time here.

I guess I'll wait until I'm home to decide what I'm going to do. Until then, I'll try to post again before I leave, time permitting.

No comments:

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter