Tuesday, June 29, 2004

STILL HERE
It's always tough when you first come home after being away for awhile. There's always the temptation to try to do it all in such a short period of time. Combine that with the jet lag of recovering from a seven hour time difference and you get some serious disorientation. I got home ten days ago, but it seems like I just got home yesterday.

Last week my kids had their end of the year awards ceremony at school. Since I was on leave, I made it a point to go. It was the first one I had ever attended.

I also stopped in at my office (civilian employer). I BS'd with my boss and co-workers. I gave them my tentative return date (July 12) and went to lunch with a friend of mine.

Over the weekend, I took my daughters up north to attend my niece's high school graduation. I wasn't feeling up to the trip, but I didn't want to disappoint her. My wife couldn't attend due to a previous commitment. The ceremony was nice (and short!).

Yesterday I took the kids to see Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban. They had seen it before, but wanted to see it again. It was good. A bit darker than the first two (this one had a new director), but well worth a couple hours of your time, if you like Harry Potter movies.

Tomorrow, it looks like we're going to the beach. The rest of the week looks like it may be less hospitable, weatherwise.

I'll have to start getting caught up on the news in the near future. If I'm going to continue blogging, I'm going to need something interesting to say. If I just blog about my day-to-day life, I'll wind up boring myself. Life's too short to be bored.

No comments:

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter