Tuesday, May 03, 2005

A PLEA FOR LYNNDIE

PFC Lynndie England pled guilty yesterday to abusing Iraqi detainees at Abu Ghraib. Even after pleading guilty, the blame game wasn't over for England.
At one point on Monday, England said she posed with the leashed prisoner because her then-lover, Charles Graner, sentenced to 10 years in prison in connection to the abuse scandal, had told her to do so.

"I assumed it was OK because he was an MP (military policeman). He had the background as a corrections officer and with him being older than me I thought he knew what he was doing."

So she's guilty, but it's not her fault she's guilty. Duty, Honor, Country...not! England, Graner, and the rest of these yahoos have not only disgraced their fellow service memebers, they've given boatloads of ammo to the anti-war America crowd, who have in turn given hope to the Iraqi resistance and foreign fighters who are killing Iraqi civilians and coalition troops. Inexcusable. Totally inexcusable.

The question now is, what's next. Will they go after the NCO's and officers who were supposed to be providing leadership to these dim-bulbs? I'm hoping so, but I'm not holding my breath.

No comments:

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter