Wednesday, March 10, 2004

It was only a matter of time. It apears that I am "sandbox" bound in the near future. In other words, it looks as if I am going to the Middle East soon. When you are a reservist, this type of thing is always in the back of your mind. Surprisingly, I managed to make it through Desert Storm without being called up. Having been recently discharged from active duty at the time, I was mentally prepared to go. My old unit went. By then, someone else had taken my place there. For years, I regretted not going. It was like I had practiced with the team for several seasons, but quit just before they finally scheduled a game. They won the game ( a blowout, actually). I was happy for them, to be sure, but was sorry that I had to see it on TV rather than being there to take part. War, of course, is no game. I am no would-be hero. I am in no hurry to get killed, or to kill anyone else. I do, however, feel the need to do my part. I have believed from the beginning that ousting Saddam was the right thing to do. Now it is time to put my money where my mouth is.

No comments:

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter