Monday, March 15, 2004

It's been awhile since I've posted. Departure time is drawing near. I've been buying the things I think I'm going to need while I'm in the desert. My unit has begun issuing me the required gear. Most importantly, I'm taking care of all those personal things that need doing before I deploy. A couple of days ago, I reviewed my workload with my supervisor at my civilian job. On my way home, it really began to set in; I'm going away to war. I probably won't be near the combat in Iraq or Afghanistan, but I hope to play an important (if small) role in winning the war on terrorism. Then again, we all play small roles. We are, after all, just cogs in the giant military machine. Hopefully, I'll only be gone for a few months. Then again, there are no guarantees. Either way, this will be a kind of adventure for me; something different from the routine.

No comments:

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter