Thursday, March 25, 2004

Well, I finally made it. I'm here in the sandbox. Qatar, to be more specific. I've been here for about a week. It took about 19 hours to get here from the U.S. (including layovers). My trip started with a snag. The flight from my home airport to Washington was delayed due to a sudden snowstorm. Consequently, I missed my connection. This lead to a 4 hour layover at Dulles. I caught another flight and caught the rotator flight overseas on time. I started inprocessing the day after I arrived. Then I had to learn the specifics of my job here. I'm hoping to establish a routine soon. I'm trying to exercise every day. That seemed to help beat the jet lag. Many of the people here have been here awhile. Some have even been extended well beyond their original tours. In spite of this, everyone still seems enthusiastic and highly motivated.

I plan to post here most days, time permitting. Hopefully, I'll have something interesting to say.

No comments:

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter