Friday, September 03, 2004

CONVENTION, DAY 4
Thankfully, my predictions about an increase in serious protester incidents did not come true. Did it have anything to do with the City of New York dragging its feet on releasing those who had been arrested? I guess we'll never know for sure, but I'm willing to bet that in the long run, these fines were a bargain.

The President's acceptance speech was, in my opinion, a home run. If there was one theme he hammered home, it was his decisiveness. This contrasts with his opponents waffling on the issues, especially the war.

Senator Kerry held a midnight rally in Springfiled, OH to give his response to the convention. I can't recall this ever haveing been done before. It looked like a move of desperation to me.

A shot was fired into Republican headquarters in Huntington, WV last night during President Bush's speech. So much for polite discourse. I guess the Democrats have given up on gun control, or at least made an exception in this case.

No comments:

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter