Monday, September 27, 2004

OK, NOW I GET IT
I just saw former Clinton NSC member Dan Feldman on the O'Reilly Factor tonight. He was debating former Undersecretary of Defense (under Bush 41) Jed Babbin on Iraq's links to terrorism. I've blogged about this before. I even followed it up with another post, or two. Babbin brought up a couple of the points I covered, most notable the presence of Abu Abbas and Abu Nidal in Iraq prior to the invasion. Babbin countered with the same old song and dance about how their is no direct link between Iraq and 9/11.

Using Babbin's philosophy, we shouldn't even be engaged in a war on terrorism at all. After all, the 19 people who are directly responsible for 9/11 are all dead. The "wait for it to happen, then find the terrorists and arrest them" mentality of the Clinton administration is what led us to 9/11 in the first place. If we aren't ahead of these guys, we're behind them. That's not a good place to be.

President Clinton probably thought he was doing the right thing, but he thought wrong. Dead wrong. If Sen. Kerry is elected, I fear that we'll be right back to that losing (and dangerous) strategy.

No comments:

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter